1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Indiana newbie

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by howardf, Jan 28, 2020.

1. howardf

howardf

Jan 28, 2020
    Hey everybody. Keep ending up here via google for pretty much anything I search, so figured I'd cut out the middleman. My current rig isn't technically mine yet, it's awaiting shipment from the Sweetwater warehouse. Bought a Mexican Fender Jazz (three tone) and a cheap Ampeg 20-watt amp. Figured I'd skimp on the amp for now and get something better down the road, but want to stick with the same instrument longer term. Looking forward to doing something completely different and getting back into playing music for the first time since high school. Going to start off with youtube and a book, then get some lessons once I'm past the basics. Also a southpaw, so looking forward to the extra challenge of learning everything backwards. I think being able to mirror someone else will actually come in handy for in person lessons.

Kro likes this.
  2. Malcolm35

Malcolm35

Aug 7, 2018
    Welcome and good luck.
    The amp will work until you start gigging out. Then if it is a small room 20 watts may be all that is necessary. I've used a 15 watt amp for a small church we play.

Good luck with being left handed, most all instruction material will be shown as right handed. But, don't let that stop you, Sir Paul is left handed and look what he accomplished.

Again, welcome.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020