Info on a bass...

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by douglasadams42, Feb 24, 2005.

1. douglasadams42

Feb 24, 2005
    I have searched all over the internet, and cant seem to find anything about my bass. It is an epiphone thunderbird. Year... i dont know... the serial number i can post in a few days. the problem is that it has a non-reverse body with a reverse style headstock. I am just confused so i was just wondering if anyone had ANY info. thank you
  2. 7flat5

Nov 28, 2003
    Upstate NY
  3. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
    Is it a bolt-on? (sorry, I don't know anything about them to know if they are BO or Neck-thru) but if it's a bolt-on, then it's possible that it has a non-original neck from a reverse thunderbird.

4. 7flat5

Nov 28, 2003
    Upstate NY
    The current Epi Tbird is a bolt-on. I doubt very much if there is any replacement neck available for it with a different headstock. But, it is not a non-reverse either.

If the bass in question is a neck-through, non-reverse Epi... That's why I suggested to throw things to the 'Pit.