Info on Kawai bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by karijons, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Hi guys - I bought this Kawai Bass used in Iceland back in 1992. I'm trying to find out the model and type. It has some names scratched in the back electric compartment (not sure what it's called), and dates. Looks like previous owners, the earliest one is from May 1984.
    It looks quite like the Kawai FIIB but fewer buttons. Also it says on the Kawai US webpage they were manufactured from 1985.
    I sent an email to Kawai US but didn't get an answer. So if you have any answers it would be very appreciated.

[​IMG]

First post here, hope the image shows.
    Thanks in advance, Kári

2. Musiclogic

Musiclogic Commercial User

Aug 6, 2005
    Southwest Michigan
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    It is an F2B, just these basses came with various control setups. This is the most minimal I have seen. I have seen 4, 5 and 6 knob versions with as many as 6 switches and as few as 1, so you have a rare version. Is the headstock logo Gold or is it Pearl? The older versions were Pearl

3. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I've only played one but it played and sounded great, sweet bass!

4. It's the pearl logo. So do you think it is possible it's '84 or earlier model?

5. Fore Father

Fore Father

Oct 11, 2013
    Hi! the bass that you have is called the Kawai FIIB Jr. i hope this is of some help.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021