Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

informal poll about instrument cables

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Adam C.T., Dec 8, 2004.

1. I'll give you topic; Monster Cables, Neither monsters nor cables discuss :D

After reading all the horrible things about monster cable (bad quality, silly law-suits etc) who has the best cables out there?

I didn't make this into a real poll with choices for one to click on. Instaed I decided to make it open for any suggestion. I also did it this way because I'm sure there are all kinds of Cables out there I'd never heard of.

I'll admit I am a monster cable user(perhaps duped by thier ads) and never had problems with them but I am open to the idea that there may be something better. :meh:

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i really like my george l cable

although not the cheapest, to me it is the most user friendly. i have yet to have a problem with it, but when i do, all i need is a knife and a screw driver to fix it.

also, it sounds way better than my regular cord.

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    This horse is more than dead...moved to Recording Gear & Equipment

4. nothing new under the sun. I only resurrected this horse because the only thread I found on this subject was closed a year ago. But I do apologize, i should have known to put in here :)

5. rusmannx

rusmannx

Jul 16, 2001
    meh, they're all the same to me.

6. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    bump

7. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    I make my own using Canare GS-6 and Canare 1/4" conectors. Works like a champ and the GS-6 is one of best sheilded cable out there. Affordable too, if you can solder, other wise pre-made is kinda spendy.

8. Ibanezzer

Ibanezzer

Aug 12, 2004
    Dayton, Ohio
    i use planet waves cables and they hold up pretty well to the beating i give them. I'm always stepping on my bass guitar cable, gettting it pulled out of the jack and yet to have any problems. my cheaper cables just short out after stepping on them a few times and having them get ripepd out of the jack. Never had monster's but planet waves seem to work well for me, probably would buy them next time too.

9. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Monster, Tara labs..... all snake oil. Have a look at the Tara Labs thread in this forum. It's now a pretty long thread but it was a ver interesting experiment and well worth a read...........