1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Innovative wiring for Jazz Bass!!!!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by carlospppena, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Hello All;

I am putting together a Jazz Bass. I have everything except the pots. I have Lindy Franlin single coil pickups, and Aguilar OBP-3 preamp. This is a rear routed fretless bass.

I don´t want to drill unnecesary holes in the body, and I want to have volume, balance, treble, bass, midrange, and mid sweep controls. No problem with that: it could have three concentric pots. But I also want it to have an active-passive switch, a mute switch, and a parallel-serial (or phaser) switch.

The question is: is there a concentric pot with pull-push switch??? And if there is, where I could find it???

Thanx tons for any help that you can give me!!!

Best Regards,

Carlos Peña

2. mrkreuzschlitz

mrkreuzschlitz

Jun 30, 2008
    Dacula, GA
    You could just get either a couple of two way switches and drill holes for em in the control cavity, or get one four way switch.

3. there are no pull/push concentric pots out there that you know??? I will drill three for mini switches if not. :-/

4. TheCush

TheCush

Jul 15, 2008
    Portland, OR
    You might check out: http://www.guitar-mod.com/rg_pw_bass1_passive.html

This link is for their passive wirings for jazz bass. They also do active electronics - just surf around. Mentioned because I'm in the process of hotrodding a MIJ Fretless Jazz Bass with one of their prewired solutions. I think you could at least get some interesting ideas there.

5. RedLeg

RedLeg Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Kaiserslautern, Germany
    Nov Shmoz Ka Pop?
    yup, but it will cost you
    http://www.thomann.de/gb/mec_m89552_poti.htm
    also, with the volume at 500k, it may make the bass sound dark.
    are Aguilar OBP-3 preamp's mid sweepable or just mid selectable. My thumb has one and it only lets me select 400 and 800 on my push pull mid control