1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Intersting Aria!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FL Knifemaker, Jul 20, 2008.

1. I just scored this on the bay:

a864_1.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280242242451

Someone bumped it up from $265 to $321 within the last few seconds............the bastid :mad: :p

I'm an Aria fan, never saw this model until the other day..... It has sort of an interesting history.....Haven't bought a bass in a while............so...........anyway :bassist:

2. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Nice :cool: IMO, that's much nicer than say, a Steinberger. The body shape has a little more character. And its got those yummy ZZB buckers. Nice catch. :bassist:

3. T40Chump

T40Chump

Jul 12, 2008
    Plano, TX
    That's just too cool for words. Very catchy.

4. It was a VERY last minute decision. I was watching it, then I forgot about it. I came very close to missing it. I love my Axstar which is similar in body size. I'm looking forward to hearing those pickups again!! Have you seen this model before??

5. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Nope! They must be pretty rare. But having that said, I know nowhere near as much as you do about Arias. I just check out eBay every now and then to see if there are any that take my fancy. :) I'd love to own one some day. :bassist: Right now I'm hanging out for a USA Peavey Millennium 5 though. I just gotta find someone who will ship overseas! :meh:

6. I'm only slightly familiar with Aria basses from studying the Matsumoku forum. Beyond that, I don't know all that much. I love my Aria P bass, it's a keeper.

I recommend that people outside the US set up a FEDEX or DHL account. That will allow anyone shipping to you to use your account. That makes things REALLY easy. Everything I ship internationally goes on the customers shipping account. All I have to do is pack it and call the carrier.

7. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    I saw that one and was watching it, but wasn't bidding. Looks kind of like a movie prop of some kind.

:)

8. I'm a big Aria fan myself, and I was watching that too. Almost bid last second but decided not to.

Nice score. It'll be interesting to hear how it sounds.

9. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    It kinda looks like a really good hack job. Not saying it is, but I wouldn't be too surprised if that turned out the be the case.

But man is that a nice looking bass! Not only is the shape cool and, as Roon said, has more character than a Steinberger, I also think the color's nice. Nice score!

10. soong

soong

May 10, 2007
    Sydney
    really unique bass!

11. zuma

zuma

Dec 21, 2006
    East Los Angeles
    Cool man! I'd love to play that thing.

12. Osprey

Osprey

Jun 20, 2005
    UK
    More than interesting!

Is there a model number or name to identify it beyond Aria Pro 2?

13. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Cool! Thanks for the tips. :)

14. For me, it actually makes things easier than shipping locally. It's become the standard procedure with knife collectors.

Hey Zuma!!! I still have two of your videos in my favorites!! Glad you spotted this thread. :)

The only information I have is what's on the eBay ad. I never contacted the customer when I first spotted it. Last night, I didn't have time!! Like I said, I barely had time to fill in my bid and click BUY :)

15. It says it's sure to have collectors value.....how could I go wrong?? :D This is the only info that I went by:

Up for auction is a used Aria Pro II bass guitar. This Super Rare Bass has a cream colored Steinberger style body.
    This bass was part of Gary Shea, bassist for metal pioneers, Alcatrazz, personal collection. For those of you unfamiliar with Alcatrazz, they were a metal band that featured Yngvie Malmsteen, and Steve Vai on guitar at times. Gary was an Aria endorser, so he played more than a few of their high-ends basses with a vengeance through-out his career. This Bass was Aria's first attempt at a Steinberger style bass. Later versions of this bass had no headstock. But truly a unique piece!!

I'm going to call the seller later to make or arrange payment, I'll add any further info if he can provide any.

Serial #: 3120070

Aria Pro II Bass Guitar features:

Rosewood fretboard
    Accurate Bolt-on System

Aria factory gold tuners
    owned, played, and toured with Gary Shea
    Sure to have a collectors value
    Made in Japan

Original Gig Bag
    Original Parts

16. palm grease

palm grease

Dec 10, 2007
    NYC
    neat lookin, but does it kill people?

17. dangnewt

dangnewt Veteran Dispenser

Jun 6, 2003
    MetroWest Boston
    Very interesting shape. The design alone is worth what you paid - if it also sounds good than you came out way ahead.

I may be playing Captain Obvious here, but it reminds me of the stock of a high-powered rifle. ;)

18. I thought it looked like a broom :) What attracts me to it is the pickups and the compact size. I like to play in my livingroom, through my Zoom using headphones. So far the only bass I can sit back on the sofa with is my Axstar, now I'll have two :)

19. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    :eyebrow:

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021