1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Introduction

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by BassInstinct, Nov 19, 2006.

1. BassInstinct

BassInstinct

Nov 19, 2006
    Hi Everyone,

I'm just posting for the first time on this forum, so I thought I'd throw in some ideas and see if anyone has any feedback. Maybe the discussion will be helpful, particularly for new BP's.

I've been playing bass since I was 12 and I just turned 50. I guess that makes me an old-timer, but the cool part is that I still get to jump around on stage sometimes as if I were 20. I was also blessed with a voice and a lot of range, so I can sing just about anything. That's really fun because it allows my band to pull off things live that most other bands wouldn't attempt due to vocal limitations.

After having played live and in the studio for most of my life, I can say that in some ways, being a musician has saved my life. I can't imagine having lived so far without the fun, excitement and pure rush of playing bass in a rock band. There honestly is nothing else like the feeling of coming down on the last giant, crashing beat of a song with your buddies to the swelling roar of 20,000 people. It just leaves you in absolute awe. I wouldn't trade that feeling for anything and I envy those who are able to experience that on a regular basis. I love to play.

Though I've played for a long time, I'm still humbled by many of you "virtuouso" players. I know I still have much to learn.

Looking forward to chatting with all of you. :bassist: