iPod major frustration -HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Peter Squire, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Okay, I've got a CD that I really want to put into my iPod. Except that my PC won't read the disc. It's not copy protected or anything. Disc is clean, no scratches, PC just won't read it.

So I took the disc to my guitarists place, and it reads perfectly on his machine. So he made a copy of it, using Windows Media Player.

Now I get home and try to load it, the PC reads it, but it won't go into iTunes because its all in WMA format. %&*#$(@)&$()&@!!!!

Any help here would be really appreciated guys!!!!
  2. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Download GoldWave and then save each WMA as MP3. You'll probably have to download a codec to do this if your computer doesn't have it already. But, GoldWave will tell you which one you need (and you can google it) if you don't have it.
  3. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Does it come up as a Source in itunes? If so, did you try importing the CD though iTunes?
  4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    itunes can convert WMA to .mp3.

5. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    What you should have done is used your friend's machine to rip the tracks to WAV files, the used a program like Roxio to burn the WAV files to a new audio CD. Then you could import without any loss, but you would have to enter the band/track info manually.

Any idea why your machine won't read the CD? That sounds odd... maybe it is a poorly executed multimedia CD?
  6. Don't convert from .wma to .mp3. Both compression formats throw out some info, so you'll end up with poorer sound than you would have otherwise. It's like photocopying a photocopy. Just get your friend to rip to mp3 for you.
  7. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

yes it can
  8. Thanks guys. I worked it out.

I didn't know I had to use the "Add File To Library" function to convert the files to AAC.:help:
  9. Ipod's... phh... what a waste of money...
  10. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Well, IPods are getting decent now...
  11. You do have a good point... but their still are alot better options out there....
  12. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I wasn't asking if it could, I was saying "shesh, iTunes can do this, what's the problem?" :p