Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

IPod questions...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dan1099, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    So, my girlfriend has an Ipod, and I was wondering how well (if at all) Itunes handle two Ipods, as I was considering purchasing one. Also, how easy is it to have some of the songs on her computer NOT find their way onto my ipod? There's nothing worse than hearing something i hate come on while I'm doing the shuffle thing.

Any IPod users care to comment?

2. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I can vouch that Itunes handling 2 ipods isn't that bad - but then again, i've got a shuffle and my friend's IPod when she's around.

I'm not too sure about the second part though...

but man, you can do better than an Ipod...

3. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    the songs that you don't want to hear? don't put them in iTunes.

4. Lyle Caldwell

Lyle Caldwell

Sep 7, 2004
    Memphis
    Give each iPod a unique name. Then in iTunes, create two playlists with unique names. When iPod 1 is connected, go to the preferences for that iPod and tell it to update from one of the two playlists. Then disconnect iPod 1 and connect iPod 2. Then go to the preferences for iPod 2 and tell it to update from the other playlist.

Then populate the playlists from the master library.

Works fine for my wife and me. All our CDs are in the library, and I don't have to hear her Madonna and George Michael, and she doesn't have to hear my Dylan and Mahavishnu (overall we like much of the same music, but some things could easily destroy a marriage - thanks for understanding, iTunes).

5. Dan1099

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    They're already in ITunes, and I think she'd be slightly peeved if I went removing them. :)

Think Lyle's got the right idea though. Thanks, guy.

6. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    well yeah...

but atleast you'd be happy.

;)

7. Dan1099

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    And that's what's most important, afterall. :D

8. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Until you're left alone w/Mary Palmer and her 5 sisters. :)

9. Dan1099

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    I always heard "Ms. Michigan and her five friends." :D Now I'm not sure which I like better.

Glad to see you're doing alright, Nino.

10. You can set one Ipod to update manually (you drag and drop the songs) and the other one to only update the checked tracks (uncheck your signicant others').