Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is Talkbass slow for anyone else?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Ívar Þórólfsson, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Talkbass has been very slow for me for the last 1-2 days...
    Other sites outside of Iceland have been fine (CNN for example).

What I´ve noticed that loading of pages is sometimes stopped and waiting for www.google-analytics.com

Am I alone with this or what?

2. Ibanezzer

Ibanezzer

Aug 12, 2004
    Dayton, Ohio
    I have not had any troubles with it. I'm from the US. But from the sounds of it, with it stopping to load that other site or something it seems more like an issue with "spyware" on your computer. Talkbass doesn't appear to reference any outside domains for anything so there should not be a reason that it tries to access that unless your computer has something else running (like spyware) that is interferring with the process.

David.

3. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Nah, no spyware at all, I take good care of my laptop :)

But since I posted this thread over a month ago, it has gotten better.
    I put the blame on Google.

4. tappingtrance

tappingtrance Cooke Harvey Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2005
    Not so much the last two days but definately there are days when pages don't load, the '>' arrow to go to the next page does not work - it is the only site I have issues with.

5. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    As a matter of fact - I have also noticed a couple of times that the page has loaded, all except something from www.google-analytics.com - a JavaScript perhaps? Because it wasn't a problem anymore when I switched off Java and Javascript.
    But it has been a while since last time I experienced that. A month or more, perhaps. It's OK now.

(I use Safari 1.3.2 (v312.6) on Mac OSX 10.3.9 build 7W98, on a G4 iBook.)

6. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Yep, that would be about right, it´s a month ago, a bit more.

Apparently Google Analytics is a tool for webmasters so they can see how the users (us) use the website. It has got all kinds of stats etc.

I´m just guessing that the google-analytics site was overloaded back then and couldn´t handle all the traffic.
    They must have fixed it since all is well now.

7. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    You're correct - It's a great free resource. Google underestimated demand and had to stop accepting new Analytics users until they upgraded their capacity. It shouldn't be an issue any more.

8. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    Ah, interesting. Thanks for the info!

I just posted this in the other thread. :)

9. westland

westland

Oct 8, 2004
    Hong Kong
    That makes sense. In general Google's sites seem to have slowed down ... do all of their services share servers or bandwidth?