1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is there anyone has bought things on Music123?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fyx138, Sep 25, 2010.

1. fyx138

fyx138

Sep 25, 2010
    Is this webside reliable?

2. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    Yes, recently purchased two Fender Deluxe Bass-gig bags. They shipped them quick in the super rigid Fender boxes.

3. fyx138

fyx138

Sep 25, 2010
    Thx! :)

4. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    Yes 123 is a reliable music store on the .net. I usually buy from Samash , music123, musiciansfriends and guitar center. Depending on what is in stock and the price etc. I can't plug one without the others. My fav. is Samash, since I live in fla and they ship fedx within a day or so. I say for any of these stores, call them up with your questions and do your homework. The prices are usually close but customer service can vary. .......good luck :cool:

5. fyx138

fyx138

Sep 25, 2010
    Thx:)

6. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab HELIX user & BOSE Abuser

Feb 11, 2004
    Texas
    It is my understanding that M123 was bought by Musicians Friend a couple of years back. At that time I had a M123 Card and an MF Card. The M123 Card became useless(no longer used by M123 since they changed to MF's bankers). Also at that time a "warehouse" consolidation took place IIRC.

M123 still sometimes has different items and pricing than MF though.

7. Yeah, MF owns Music 123 (and thus actually owned by parent company Guitar Center). In my experiences though, I've found Music 123 customer service to be friendlier than GC's.

However, my favorite online music store by far is Sweetwater.com. Every salesman I've talked with has either been quite knowledgeable or directed me to someone who is. They'll even let you haggle with them on certain items.

8. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Yes. Have purchased through them. As stated above they're owned by the same parent company that owns guitar center and musician's friend.

I've personally found the customer service to be lacking at Music123, but they tend to have competitive coupons, and as a result they get my money even though I'd prefer to give it to someone more deserving.

9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I tried to buy something from them many years ago, before they were acquired by GC, and their customer service was so bad I had to decide between suicide and bowling. Since the acquisition, I have to assume they're in the same league as MF and GC, both of whom have treated me right.

10. fyx138

fyx138

Sep 25, 2010
    Thank you guy~

11. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    I bought quite bit of stuff from them a few years back shipped here to England, and was totally happy with all aspects - good folks to deal with in my experience.

12. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    Bought my current head from then when they sold "dent-n-scratch" - the only problem with the amp was it came in a dented box - like new, serious discount!

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021