Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is this a common problem?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by theuzedrk, Feb 10, 2006.

1. I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, if it isn't I apploligize.

I just returned from my local music store with a Gator 6L 6 space rack case. I went to mount my Ashdown Mag 300R into the thing and found that I have a problem.
    My problem is that I can only get two of the holes on the amp to line up with the holes on the case. I think that it should be like that, then again I could be wrong.

Any insight is appreciated!:bassist:

2. All of the rackmt. holes on the MAG should align w/ the rack holes. If they don't, then your rack is probably for something else rackmt-able. I really don't know, though.

3. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    How far off are they?
    Try laying the rack with the back on the floor and dropping the amp into it and put the screws in loose until they are all in and then tighten.

4. The holes are about 1/8" off.
    I have it laying on the floor with the amp hanging. If this problem can't be solved I'll contact the store and tell them.
    Thank you for the help.

5. Does this rack have 2 removable aluminum strips, with the rack holes? If so, make sure their lined up with the holes on the case. If their about 1/8" off, this could be it. Other than this, I have no idea what the problem could be.

6. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    One other thing. Do you have any other rack gear you can try in the rack? Do you have another rack that you can try the amp in?

7. I had to play around with the thing for a while, but it finally lined up. Sometimes the answer stares you plain in the face, this was one of those times. I mounted it in the top hole and suddenly everything lined up! I thought that the holes on the strips were drilled wrong, but they weren't.
    Thanks for the help guys!:bassist: