1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fleegetastic, Dec 29, 2011.

1. I found a MIM P in a guitar store they are asking $400 for it. it's in excellent condition and it plays really well. I already struck the deal. For $400 it would the bass an old HSC and a brand new HSC.

If I buy this is this a fair price?

2. finfrocka

finfrocka

Jul 12, 2005
    San Diego
    400 for a mim IMO is sort of a deal if it is PRISTINE. For less then we'd be talking a much better deal. Id try to talk them down a bit.

But I'm cheap as hell man so its up to you and your financial situation.

3. With rebates you might even get a new MIM, maybe $450 or so... Or $499.

4. I paid 500 for a pristine used mim jazz in a case. Too much I know but I like it, and use it a lot.

5. jabsys

jabsys

Mar 30, 2011
    UK
    Doesn't seem a brilliant deal when you can get a new one for $500.

6. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Never heard of getting 2 cases from a shop. If you flip the new case, you might be OK on this deal. A nice new strap or cable would clinch the deal for me.

7. ack

ack Why Can't We All Get Along?

Nov 19, 2006
    Somewhere near Raleigh
  8. I asked for the 2 cases because I need one of them for another one of my basses.

9. Made in Mexico Fender Precisions regularly go for $300 or less. $400 is too much.

10. Foamy

Foamy

Jun 26, 2006
    Sac Area
    Depends. Maybe they charged you full price on the new case, and $300 for the bass. And $300 for MiM is "OK", nothing special.