1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is this a good mix?

Discussion in 'Ask Adam Nitti' started by Toboe, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Toboe

Toboe

Oct 7, 2009
    Hi. I am new too bass ad am looking at buying these. Ibanez Gsr200Fm or the Ibanz Gsr200Ex, The Behringer Ultrabass BXR1800H Head and the Hartke 210T2X10Transporter Cab. I am on a budget of something aroun $1000. So if You could tell m if this is a good mix like good quality stuff or is there anything better?

Cheers, Toboe

2. adamnitti

adamnitti

Nov 29, 2001
    hi toboe!

i have to be honest, i've never tried out any of those specific pieces before... i'm not sure i can give you good insight as to how they sound or how well they work together. having said that, i think from purely a quality perspective all of those pieces are probably just fine. the question is how good they will sound together.

whenever folks are working with limited budgets, i will usually suggest that they also check out used gear, because in many cases you can pick up even higher quality components for less money because they have suffered some level of depreciation. basses usually hold their value a little bit better than amplifiers from what i've seen.

has anyone else up here had any experience with any of these? feel free to chime in with any feedback!!!

3. Vakmere

Vakmere

Sep 6, 2007
    Philly
    Behringer Ultrabass BXR1800H Head or any Behringer head are fairly dissappointing sound and quality wise. Budget wise thay are inexpensive but like you said, look into used higher end stuff. There is a world of difference.