1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is this a good wireless?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by GeneralElectric, Feb 17, 2008.

1. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.asp?ID=213

I've been looking for a good wireless system for my bass, as I currently use an old shure system for my guitar. Unfortunately the shure kills the bass frequencies and it doesnt sound too good.

If not that one, does anyone have any good suggestions?:)

2. Thangfish

Thangfish ...overly qualified for janitorical deployment...

It looks cool, but who knows?
    It ain't even out yet, and it doesn't look like they have published any specs for it.
    Something about having modeling built into your wireless system strikes me as a little, uh... I dunno... hypocritical maybe?

Check out X2. Best bang/buck right now.

3. phatbass30

phatbass30

Dec 24, 2006
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Groove is in the heart!!!
  4. bassbrock

bassbrock

Feb 20, 2007
    Callahan, FL
    The X2 wireless system is not only a good deal money wise but it is also the best sounding wireless system on the market. I cannot tell a difference between my X2 and a wire. I simply would not consider purchasing or owning anything else.

5. it will be short lived (legally) in the US. Meaning it will be illegal to use after February 17, 2009

6. heath_r_91

heath_r_91

Jun 3, 2006
    Topeka Area, Kansas
    Endorse:Artus-Basshanger-Dava-EC-Hartke-Orange-InEarz-SHS-Tigi
    why do you say it will become illegal?

illegal to have or illegal to deal new?

7. bassbrock

bassbrock

Feb 20, 2007
    Callahan, FL
    Oh, and the X2 wireless system has this frequency response: Frequency Response:

10 Hz - 20 kHz

8. heath_r_91

heath_r_91

Jun 3, 2006
    Topeka Area, Kansas
    Endorse:Artus-Basshanger-Dava-EC-Hartke-Orange-InEarz-SHS-Tigi
    so virtually what you guys are saying is that all wireless systems will be screwed up by this?

granted, if you are close-ish to your amp then it will still work fine (I think) but if you are in a bar that the stage is under the satellite dish, that could really screw up your system couldn't it?

is this possibly the end to wireless systems?

9. not all X2 will still work(900MHZ)