Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ISB Jazz Competition

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Robin Ruscio, Nov 29, 2004.

1. Robin Ruscio

Robin Ruscio Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2003
    Denver, CO, USA
    I think i'm going to enter the jazz division of the ISB DB competition next year, i just set up my studio time to make a CD for preliminaries. Anyone else ever enter? Was it a positive experience? How stiff is the competition, maybe you know of a recording of previous winners? I thought it would be a good excuse to get in some extra practicing and get in the studio, which i need to do more of. I'm just hoping to make it to the semifinals; would be fun to play in front of everyone at Kalamazoo.

2. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    The last few winners are floating around NYC. Our own McBass (Mike McGuirk) won in 99 (or so?), he's got some soundfiles up at Damon's Joint (TBDB Sampler) so you can hear what he sounds like.

3. Last year Teppo Hauta-Aho from up here won the duo competition. I don´t know if it was the jazz or classical
    series, though.

R2