1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Isolated bass tracks on youtube

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Lenko92, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Lenko92

Lenko92

Dec 2, 2016
    Hello, i'm new to this forum so excuse me if a thread regarding this question allready exists. Can anybody please tell me if the isolated bass lines on youtube are the original studio recorded bass lines. Here are some examples:

-
    -
    -
    - etc.

I've read that the tracks are isolated from a game called Rock Band 2 and i'm always seeing endless debates about whether they are real or not. So i'm wondering if any of you know this for sure, thanks for the reply :) .

2. mambo4

mambo4

Jun 9, 2006
    Dallas
    some are authentic, and some are from games like rock band, some are from yet other sources -
    like the bass only channel of the audio for Standing In the Shadows of Mowtown.

Notes of these other versions are approximately correct with the original recording.
    So if note for approximate note accuracy is desired, you should be OK
    If "authenticity" is key, you have to dig deeper to find out if the track is from the original song.

3. Lenko92

Lenko92

Dec 2, 2016
    Thanks for the answer. Yeah i just wanted to know if they are played correctly, i find its good for learning or for comparing it to how you've learned it by ear :).

4. Lownote38

Lownote38

Aug 8, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    Rock Band uses the REAL versions of the songs. In order to tell if you make a mistake on each instrument involved with the game, the tracks must be isolated. Unless someone posts a version of them playing the game incorrectly (highly unlikely), the bass lines from that game are indeed authentic.

jfh2112 likes this.
  5. mambo4

mambo4

Jun 9, 2006
    Dallas
    Interesting.
    I had read elsewhere (on TB) that much of the tracks were very close performances by hired guns
    but a quick Wikipedia look confirms that "most" of the songs were from Masters provided by the record labels.

Lownote38 likes this.
  6. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I have no idea. But @Lenko92 ......

Welcome to TalkBass!

7. This thread made me go and have a look at all the isolated bass tracks available on YouTube.

Lots there that I like. Found I need to tweak a number of songs correctly.....

That'll keep me busy for awhile...:D

Thanks to the OP for starting this thread.......:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

8. Thuddy Waters

Thuddy Waters

Mar 20, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    From my experience, most of the isolated bass tracks on YouTube are real. A lot of people think they're not real because that's not how they sound with all the other instruments playing. But when you listen carefully and compare the isolated bass track to the original track, you can tell it's real.

9. The youtube ones are hurted from master tracks using audacity.
    Anyone can make it with master tracks.

10. Thuddy Waters

Thuddy Waters

Mar 20, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    What does "hurted" mean? I'm not familiar with that term. If Audacity software is anything like Transcribe software, then the truly isolated bass tracks must have been obtained by some other means, like from Rock Band. When I isolate the bass of a song using Transcribe it never gives me a truly isolated bass track. It never sounds clean like it does when someone posts a pure, isolated bass track.

11. You take a original mastertrack and
    Use audacity easy.
    The rockband master tracks are hurted, rockband have to pay copyrights

12. Simply Not possible.

Thuddy Waters likes this.
  13. I have all the master tracks of the beatles rock band, audacity is free, and yes is possible.
    If you dont know cant talk....

14. Yes if you have all of the individual isolated tracks.

However if you have a finished mastered stereo track you cannot.

15. Youtube ones are made using that, dont want discover the wheel or want a fight you.
    The youtube isolated basses of the beatles are made this way.

16. I'm not arguing.

I'm stating an indisputable fact.

If You can take a finished stereo track and pull out an isolated bass track, you'll never have to work another day in your life.

LiquidMidnight, Joe Nerve and jfh2112 like this.
  17. Thuddy Waters

Thuddy Waters

Mar 20, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    So what does hurting mean? How does Audacity isolate a bass track from an original complete song?

18. I believe basslover668 is referring to having access to All of the individual isolated tracks in a song when he uses the term master, rather than a mastered stereo track.

BassLover668 likes this.
  19. master track is the studio separated individual tracks in one.

20. Thuddy Waters

Thuddy Waters

Mar 20, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Oh. So there's no way to isolate a bass track from a mastered stereo track?