Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Issue with Bass Master Pro Pickup

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by bobbykokinos, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Im having an issue with my bass master pro pickup.. The G string is noticably weaker than the other 3 strings. I know the obvious answer would be move the pickup on the G for the quad up higher but the weird thing is when I play arco, all 4 strings sound pretty even. Also, on the preamp, I keep the quad pretty low because its a bit bright for my taste. All 4 pickups on the quad are just about as far up as they can go on the bridge..

I try to leave my EQ on my amp as flat as possible but sometimes I have to crank up the bass because the G doesnt have much "balls".. Thus making my E and A strings like a nuclear explosion

Any suggestions?? Should I move the EAD pickups down and leave the G where it is??

This may also be a dumb question but is there some way to meter the output to see if all the strings are putting out close to the same volume?? Like, is there a type of SPL meter you can plug in and pluck each string and adjust the quad pickups until the output is even out?? Or even plugging it into the computer and use some type of software that will show the output