1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Issues with L-2500

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by phatmike2112, Aug 22, 2007.

1. phatmike2112

phatmike2112

Dec 17, 2004
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hey guys,

I recently picked up a used L-2500 (my second one....sold the first), I am having some issues with it.

Main issue is this: I am getting a static crackly type sound (sounds exactly like clothing static) that only seems to happen when I am not playing. It doesn't matter if my hands are touching the strings or not, and it seems as if it needs time to "build" and then it "discharges". That is the best way for me to describe it.

The bass is not stock (it has some EMG's in it) which I think actually sound great, but alot of the functionality of the preamp has been disabled in order to run them. I don't really mind, as this is not my main bass. I just want it to be a functional backup bass.

Any assistance with troubleshooting the static problem would be appreciated.

Also, keep in mind that I have never really dealt with the having to fix anything like this so keep it simple for me if possible.

Thanks.