1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Issues with old band putting up things i recorded

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Ampeg SVT, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Ampeg SVT

Ampeg SVT Son, I am disappoint.

Sep 9, 2006
    My last band i recently split from because everyone in it has no respect for each other has recently put up a song with a my bassline in it. I am curious because since i recorded it isnt it partly mine? Dont they have to have permission to put it up?

Only issue is they are a bunch of teenage morons that smoke and do pot so i doubt if i tell them anything it would work.

However what should i do?

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Nothing. Who cares? Did you write the song by yourself? If not, you really have no say. And even if you did, who cares?

3. Ampeg SVT

Ampeg SVT Son, I am disappoint.

Sep 9, 2006
    Eh, no actually. Actually i dont know why i posted that.

I just happen to have a grudge against the guitarist.

4. john_g

john_g Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Yep, if you just wrote the bassline, you would have a hard time asking them to take it down. And, unless they get discovered and are on MTV in a week, what does it matter? I have posted questions that are similar, but usually involved songs that I have almost entirely wrote myself (usually everything but vocal melody). I wouldnt sweat a bassline though.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021