1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

IT'S ALIVE!!! Warmoth Build Complete...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SEK, Apr 7, 2009.

1. SEK

SEK

Feb 15, 2006
    Downeast
    Finished filing the nut, stringed 'er up and plugged in - not a buzz or hum to be heard...I nearly wept! Lindy Fralins sound great. Now for the pics....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Sweet. I'm really starting to like the Explorer/T-bird/Scarab/etc. body styles. One day I should grab one.

Very nice looking bass.

3. RONQUITO

RONQUITO

Dec 27, 2007
    Excelent build!!!

Enjoy!

4. Super nice build ... I love the V headstock, especially with matching finish!

5. Ooh wonderful. The Warmoth Explorer shape is something fine in and of itself. Congrats, man!!

6. I do like a *little* more string on the pegs myself, but that is personal preference I suppose. I always shoot for two complete wraps, and get 'em as low as possible on the wind. Makes a big difference, especially with an angled headstock like yours ...

7. That thing is smoking hot man! I love it. Congrats on a sucessful build

8. It's Spyder-riffic.

9. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    So, this is a Warmoth body & neck? I had read (on a fenderbird thread) that the Warmoth body design made the fit problematic (something about the neck pocket not being far back enough)- yet your pix look like the joint is pretty good - any thoughts on that?

10. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Sweet bass man. Incredible...........

11. Disappear

Disappear

May 9, 2008
    The only thing I don't really like is the contrast between the wood neck and the finished neck/headstock, but that's just me. I love the bridge and the colour and the shape, and yeah, beautiful.

12. dmrogers

dmrogers Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2005
    Eastman, GA
    That is a nice instrument! Did you do the finish on the body? Nice work.

13. BillyRay

BillyRay Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Quebec
    Nice finish, who did it ?

14. SEK

SEK

Feb 15, 2006
    Downeast
    Thanks for the feedback gents!

BOH: Yes, it's all Warmoth. The neck joint is nice and snug, everything aligned perfectly. Granted I'm not an expert, as this is my first custom, but the scale length is right on, and only needed small saddle adjustments to get the intonation just right.

I'm afraid I cannot take credit for the finish - Warmoth delivered the finished body and neck. So it was more of an assembly project rather than a build project, but I got exactly what I wanted, and I didn't have to save for an Alembic!!

15. i know warmoth does finishes -looks similar to one of theirs

16. Thingus995

Thingus995

May 30, 2008
    beautiful man

17. Very cool! I'm intrigued by the bridge. Does it improve the sound over a conventional bridge. Also, where did you get the nut from (which I assume is brass)?

18. elBandito

elBandito

Dec 3, 2008
    Rotten Apple
    Wow that's sexy. Reverse explorer would be interesting. Maybe better balance.

19. Nice work. Makes me want to make one myself.

Maybe I'll have to get a project on the go.

20. Mr. Ray

Mr. Ray

Feb 20, 2009
    Canada
    Nice explorer, just need to add a truss rod cover. What's the neck dive like? I know those Warmoth necks are extra heavy? (I have one on a jazz body)