Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Its nice to be appreciated!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Jack, Sep 19, 2004.

1. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    A while ago I quit my three piece band. It was my first, I am 15 and I just wasnt happy. They were doing old rock (Sabbath/Maiden etc) which is alright music, but it wasnt what I was looking for as a bassist. I was also feeling friction beacsue we were all equal members, and we were are pulling in different directions. So I left on friendly terms.

I was replaced by a rhythm guitarist and another bassist and all seemed well until last week at school I got asked to practice with them again.

They said "We couldnt replace you even with two guys, we need you back, please!"

I have sorta agreed, and after practising with them twice they are thinking about ways to ditch the two other guys. My terms were simple: that I have nothing to do with the management at all, so I wont get frustrated with musical direction. Im just gonna turn up, play bass and then go home.

Cool Huh? :hyper: