1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I've been Rev'd!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gard, Apr 5, 2006.

1. ...newest arrival in the shop:

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    That's a very cool bass, I wish I had one! Even in that effeminate color. ;)

PS - That bass in the back has a hole in it!!

3. Mine arrived yesterday too. I got one in faux blue wood. It is a high quality machine with a great vibe and has no right to be as good as it is for the money I paid.

4. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Gard - you're killing me!!! :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit:

You started this thread, not to show off the Rev bass, but to show the world that you have someone else's lefty 6 string just sitting around! :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

:D :p ;) :smug:

5. Duck-man, it takes a REAL may-han to handle safety orange...'specially through my blue flame maple PJB Briefcase....I'm thinkin' about hittin' the local thrift shops in search of a good lime green sport coat to complete the ensemble... :eek:

:D

Funky, exactly my response, I'm blown away by the quality of the bass. It plays and sounds astoundingly good, the B string is pretty impressive (and there are some REAL GOOD B's in the room here! ;) ), and I find it very comfortable on a strap. The only "blemish" on it (which is why I got it so STOOPIDLY cheap) is a small glued back in spot just below the G string on the top. Yes, it's noticeable, but who CARES, the bass kills otherwise! :) Now I'm just toying with what color DR strings to put on it...black will work, but would be so...pedestrian...on such an obnoxious bass...

:bag:

Messycan d00d, yeah, that's right, it's your birthday, and I'm messin' with you.

...naw...actually, that red lefty LG 3006 you noticed belongs to a somewhat well known lefty bassist that has been known to be seen in the company of some wasp-like insects that are quite common here in the southeastern US of A....

6. ...oh, stoopid question time:

There is no description of the controls in the paperwork, anyone got the 4-11 on the function of the 3-position mini-switch??? (I did figger out the master volume and master passive tone :spit: )

7. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Well, if it's a master volume and a master tone, would I be logical in assuming that the three-position switch is neck pickup/both/bridge pickup?

8. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Dooooooooooood, ya got a pm.

9. That's what I would have ass/u/me'd, but in the middle position, there is single coil hum...so I is perfused...

10. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Reverend used to have online manuals here:
    http://www.reverendguitars.com/reverend/manuals_tech/guitar_bass_manual.html
    I see they've dropped all the bass info now:( I wrote them and pointed out everyone buying there basses is buying them used, and that it would be really great if they'd put those back up.
    We'll see if they do...
    I believe the switch is neck solo, both parallel, both series...

11. Chef, thanks man, I got that very paperwork with the bass and thought it was a bit odd that there was no description of the controls. Most of it seems straightforward enough, but the switch has me just a bit puzzled...I've considered calling them...

12. ...so, I called them.

The switch is a parallel/single coil/series switch, both pickups are full on at all times. Interesting concept.

:)

13. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    OK, I was wrong;)
    All I know is it sounds flippin' great!

14. Sweet! Welcome to the club.
    What's the reaction to it from the rest of the Roscoe crew?

15. Amusement, followed by respect.

The sound is impressive, a totally different vibe than what we do, which is of course why I got it! :cool:

16. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Here's a hat
    [​IMG]

and vest
    [​IMG]

to go with your bass

17. Oh no Jive...

I've got an ORANGE bass...a BLUE flame maple amp....

....I'm goin' for a lime green polyester sport coat, a bright red shirt, some totally mis-matched plaid pants, and a pair of black & white wingtips....

:eek:

18. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    With the maple neck it kinda reminds me of a Dreamsicle!

Mmmmmm, dreamsicle:)

19. DON'T EAT MY BASS, DAMMIT, I JUST GOT IT TODAY!!!

:spit:

20. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    [​IMG]
    +
    1125a.
    +
    pPOLO2-1828571_standard_v330.
    +