1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jacko's Moonwalk

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by cdef, Dec 27, 2006.

1. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    For certain reasons, I'd really like to learn to do Michael Jackson's old "moonwalk" routine, where he's going like backwards and forwards at the same time. Problem is, I'm clueless when it comes to dancing, so I was thinking maybe some of you sharp movers here on TB could try to explain the technique in pretty basic terms. Or is there a website where I could pick up the rudiments?

2. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    It's somewhat hard to describe, but what you're doing is pushing yourself back with the ball and toes of one foot while sliding your other foot back like you're taking a step forward. Confused yet? You're moving backwards while making the motions of walking forward. It's an illusion of sorts but once you get the jist of it, it's pretty easy to do.

For starters, it's easiest to start with socks on a hard surface like a tile or wood floor.

Moonwalk

Moonwalk II

3. The Penguin

The Penguin duplicate account violation Banned

Jun 21, 2006
    I'm not pelagic
    The big mistake most people make when trying this is sliding the wrong foot. Usually folks try sliding the foot with the heel raised but you should slide the one with the heel down.

It's a mime routine, hope that doesn't make it less cool :)

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

You better believe it!! ;)

[​IMG]

5. the 2nd link spector ray posted it very helpfull, ive been trying to moonwalk, i can only do 2 steps though

6. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    [​IMG]

7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

I did that joke already!! ;)

8. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    I used a different angle! :spit: :D

9. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    Thanks for the tips. Just what I needed to get started.