Japan Bassists Club

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Winton, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Winton

Winton

Nov 21, 2017
    Tokyo, Japan
    We might be a small group on Talkbass but I know there are some of us here who live in Japan. Tell us where you live, where you're from, and what you do! Your group member# is in the order that you comment on here.

I currently live in Tokyo, grew up in Yokosuka, and teaching English at a few universities while making bass cover videos on YouTube to keep my chops.

2. taconeko

taconeko

Mar 13, 2020
    Tokyo, Japan
    I am originally from New York City but have been in Japan for the past few years with my family in Tokyo. I work remotely for an international company and play bass whenever the kids let me :)

Winton likes this.
  3. Just came by this thread / group.

I lived many years in Japan, am back in the US now.

While there I was in a number of bands, Rock, Blues, Big Band / Soul / R&B / Fusion.

Good times.

Winton likes this.
  4. flojob

flojob Gold Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Sub just to read what it's like

Winton likes this.
  5. Winton

Winton

Nov 21, 2017
    Tokyo, Japan
    Hey, welcome to the group! That's cool you're originally from NYC. I was born in upstate NY in Oneonta but moved here when I was 1yo.

taconeko likes this.
  6. taconeko

taconeko

Mar 13, 2020
    Tokyo, Japan
    Right on! I grew up around the 5 boroughs and spent most of my life there before moving to Tokyo a few years back. I love it here :hyper:

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 19, 2022