1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Jay Turser Violin or Epiphone Embassy

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Big Fella Billy, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Big Fella Billy

Big Fella Billy

Feb 20, 2021
    Odd basses to be choosing from I guess but I'd like to know.

I've been wanting a violin bass for a while for obvious reasons, but the embassy looks awesome and ,from what I've heard on videos, sounds great as well. I know the differences in scale length and body specs. I just want to know for overall sound and versatility.

Either way, whichever bass I'm getting will be restrung with rotosound nylon tapewounds. So if that help

2. blacktocomm

blacktocomm Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2013
    The mountains
    A Harley Benton Beatle bass is half the price of the JT and probably made in the same factory. Maybe you could swing one of those AND the Embassy. Win/win.

3. butterfingers1

butterfingers1

Apr 22, 2019
    Montreal
    Both nice, very different. Embassy is more standard and better in every way.

4. Big Fella Billy

Big Fella Billy

Feb 20, 2021
    You're saying the embassy is better in every way? In what ways? I'd like to know before decision is made

5. butterfingers1

butterfingers1

Apr 22, 2019
    Montreal
    Short scales are a little odd to play, and sound dull and muted. This is nice in its own way though, warm woody almost acoustic.

Hollowish body feels flimsy to me.

The tone of the Embassy with those Thunderbird pickups, like nothing else, it becomes addictive. Dry and percussive but with regular sustain. The Embassy looks really nice and classic.

They’re both very nice and inexpensive. I wouldn’t be at all unhappy with the violin as my only bass. Music is music.

If this helps I am a precision bass man.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 10, 2021