1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jazz bass reissue 62 1989 Mary kaye , whats the real price and quality of this bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by marianoh, Jan 13, 2019.

1. marianoh

marianoh

Aug 1, 2011
    Hello! What do you Think about this bass? They told me it is about the same quality of the custom shop today. Does anybody know about them? Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  2. I don't know anything about it, but it sure is a nice looking bass. Sorry I couldn't help - don't worry, someone on TB will know something about it. :thumbsup:

marianoh likes this.
  3. consectaneus

consectaneus

Sep 23, 2016
    They were made that year as part of the AVRI line so they are pretty rare. Sometimes I hear about basses that were special run so they had more care and attention lavished on them and are "custom shop" quality. AFAIK, they are AVRI's with a transparent blonde finish and gold hardware. I don't think there is anything quality wise that sets them apart--just the cosmetics.

marianoh likes this.
  4. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I couldn't find any basses for sale. But the 1988 Strat guitars on Reverb ASKING prices range from $2,000 to $2,500. They are all listed as 1988.

marianoh likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021