Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jazz from Damon

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by Damon Rondeau, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Damon Rondeau

Damon Rondeau Journeyman Clam Artist Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2002
    Winnipeg, baby
    OK, I've avoided this long enough.

We've had a long line of superior jazz players post stuff here, thought I'd step in and lower the bar a little bit.

I've just put up three tracks at the site. You can get to my section here. The new jazz tracks are the three tunes after all those bluegrass tunes on top -- you may have to scroll down a little bit if you're in 800x600 like me.

Have a listen and give me any thoughts you've got. I truly appreciate 'em...

2. jazzbass72

jazzbass72

Jun 26, 2003
    New York, NY
    Hey Damon,
    I just finished listening to "Return to Bass" (what a cool title! ;)). Nice and swinging, and very nice tone from your bass. I just wish those two people would just shut up and enjoy the music instead of talking over your solo. Soooo disrespectful.... why do musicians have to put up with so much s*#t sometimes!

I'll be checking out the other clips in a minute...

Take care,
    Marco

3. Damon Rondeau

Nov 19, 2002
    Winnipeg, baby
    Thanks, Marco. To be fair to the table talkers, I did place a pretty sensitive mic right on their table. On the other hand, I'm sitting on my stool doing my thang only a couple feet away from 'em. They must be used to me!

4. Sam Sherry

Sam Sherry Inadvertent Microtonalist Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2001
    Portland, ME
    Euphonic Audio "Player"
    Hey, bro, you've got mail!

And thanks again for hosting this extravaganza. You rule!

5. Damon Rondeau

Nov 19, 2002
    Winnipeg, baby
    In case you folks didn't know, Mr. Sherry is the All-Time King of Feedback. Hands down.

6. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    +1. Especially since they didn't appear to have much to say anyway.

Damon - you sound good, bro! I'd love to hear some stuff without all the improvising vocalists. :)