Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jeremy Plato/Cross Canadian Ragweed

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Philip71, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Philip71

Philip71

Jul 23, 2004
    I got to see jeremy plato play lastnight in seattle he is a huge inspiration to me but seeing him play put the icing on the cake the guy is amazing...if you ever get to see him and cross canadian ragweed play DON'T PASS IT UP.......he played his Dean Edge 6 the whole night it sounded awesome...I know alot of you don't like Dean but man it sounded good.

2. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF

Where'd you see 'em? CCRW is like my fave band right now, probably. Jeremy is a HUGE inspiration to me. He's very fluid and writes incredible lines for honestly, pretty basic 3-chord rock. Not that Cody isn't a player, but the music isn't Dream Theater or anythin... ;) I love his tone, too. Fits perfectly in their music. I try to see em as often as possible.

3. Philip71

Philip71

Jul 23, 2004
    I seen them at the tractor tavern in seattle,washington your so right jeremy is very fluid and his bass lines are incredible..and yeah your right again it's not dream theater but cody is an amazing guitarist and grady is pretty damn good too...their cd's don't do them justice they are defiently a live band and since you have seen them like I have you know what I'm talking about....It's nice to know I'm not the only person who recognizes jeremy..:)

4. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF

Hey man, I've got a FLAC recording of them when they played down here in TX last Spring at the Jolly Fox in Huntsville. It's a full 2-set show, and the audio quality is pretty rad! GREAT setlist!!! Shoot me a PM and I'll make you a copy of the CD's and send em your way... Like Cody said about the new record-

"Download it. If you don't download it, copy it. If you don't copy it, steal it. If you don't steal it, buy it. I don't care. I just want you to hear the new album!"
    Rawk! :cool: