1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Joe Hearne

Discussion in 'Orchestral Auditions [DB]' started by Luvinbass, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Luvinbass

Luvinbass Banned

Feb 15, 2006
    Just wondering if anyone knows how Joe Hearne teaches? I heard he's great at spicatto.
    Thanks

2. vegetables

vegetables

May 20, 2005
    joseph hearne was my teacher for almost 12 year. he is a great man with phenomenal technique and classic style. always he demands perfection and beauty of sound. one time, out of anger for bad intonation he hit my friend with a shovel, pretty hard, but that happened in the past, so doesn't matter. i still think joseph hearne is great man, great player. he told me many thing that i keep with me always, like about eating all vegetable diet before auditions and taught me how not to wet myself during slow music concerts.

3. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    I suppose I could paste in a list of old Chuck Norris jokes, but that would be in bad taste. Instead, let me tell you gentlemen what I see here: I see two relatively new members with blank profiles whose posts are all nonsensical borderline troll postings. I keep waiting to be proven wrong. How about it, gentlemen?

4. Luvinbass

Luvinbass Banned

Feb 15, 2006
    This is no joke. I just think that certain bass players are under appreciated and not mentioned just cause they've been back in the section for a long time. I'd love to work with Mr. Hearne because I heard he's so agile with the German bow.
    Thanks

5. kingdynamo

kingdynamo

Sep 25, 2006
    I can speak on this matter from experiance. Joe Herne is task master. One who prides himself on not only flawless technique but punctuality. His spicatto is unmatched and his attitude is cut-throat. I heard that he recently was seen at the Nashville audition imbarassing the competition. We have a saying where I come from, "If Joey came, Joey Came to play....Ball, hard ball. And Bass, Joey plays hard ball first and Bass second..and hard.....ball"

6. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    troll-web.

7. THE SAW

THE SAW

Sep 14, 2006
    I never took a lesson with him, but my teacher Mr. Paulson studied with him AND Bill Rhein for awhile. I didn't hear anything about shovels or any torture during lessons from Slew.
    I would join my fellow bassists in saying that this is a serious board after all, and that to try to subvert it with spurious postings are in bad taste.
    Just a special thanks to Jim in Sacramento who emailed me with the info on how to edit my profile-I'll get to it soon.