1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

joining combo amps

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by bassclef216, Apr 22, 2010.

1. I need help with the following situation. We have a small gig tomorrow night and I am worried about the output I will have. I own 2 combo amps; an Ampeg BA115 and an Acoustic 20 watt 112 combo. I am not sure that the 100 watt BA115 will have enough umph for this gig. I was wondering if it would be advisable to link it up with the Acoustic 112. The Ampeg has an XLR out and I was considering using the XLR out and going into the Acoustic combo via a XLR-1/4" cable. Is this a viable option to increase volume? I know that I sould evnetually just get a better rig but that is not an option right now and am curious if my above idea would help.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    the acoustic will be totally useless with the ba115. otoh, 100w isn't exactly quiet. just do the best you can with the ba115, everyone in your band try to get a balanced sound, and you'll be fine.

3. If it looks (or sounds) like the amp is running out of steam, reduce the bass control and that will buy you some additional headroom (read volume).

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Pedulla Club #45

4. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    Define "small gig"?

What's the makeup of your band equipment and PA?