Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tualatin, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Tualatin

Feb 7, 2005
    The wall of gear was one of the most impressive things I've ever seen.
    Their a two piece band from Athens G.A. and they frequently play smaller venues. Chick singer/guitar, and apparently her husband on the drums.

I saw at least 5 ampeg 8x10's, 3 ampeg 4x10's, what looked like a 4x15, a 6x12, at least 2 Cerwin enclosed 18's, 2 or 3 horn loaded 15's, a 4x12 guitar cab, and maybe 4 or 5 other misc cabs.

The rack had a Genz Benz head, that was all I could see even though it stood about 4 feet tall. The main power section was composed of three massive power amps. A huge SUNN p.a. head and two others that had "Modulus" writen on them.

She was playing a baritone guitar (or she is really small) and it was probably one of the loudest shows I've ever seen(heard?).
    Totally Brutal.
    If you search through the pictures, you can find an old pic from 2001 when they only had 11 cabs.
    Imagine that, plus some in a small bar.
    Check em out if you can.
  2. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Sounds pretty sweet.
  3. Well, it might be OK since she is not playing bass. Everyone knows you cannot use more than a 1 X 12 for playing bass.

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    ...KILLER band...you should also check out Steve O'Malley with his band SunnO)))...

5. Spanish Key

Spanish Key

Feb 5, 2005
    Sunno is one of those bands that as I'm listening to, I can tell people around me are questioning my tastes and or sanity.
    Lightning Bolts setup from what I remember is obscenely large as well.
  6. I opened for Jucifer in 2001 (I think) in a small club called the Launchpad somewhere in the southwest. It was indeed a brutal show. I have never seen so few people make so much noise. Our band had twice the members, and I'm pretty sure we were about half as loud. Good times.
  7. brothernewt

brothernewt Some people call me the stormtrooper of love...

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    the volume or the load in?!? ;)
  8. Th9nker

Mar 18, 2002
    Yeah, I'm from Athens and I've seem them play all sorts of venues. The've been a staple of the music scene here for a LONG time.

Amber Valentine is indeed a cool chick and puts on a great show.

They are ALMOST forgiven for not having a bassist... :smug: