1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

just joined

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by hatred aside, Nov 23, 2018.

1. hatred aside

hatred aside

Nov 23, 2018
    Hello. I'm a new member and a very novice player just getting back into the habit after many years.

I played in a band in high school and for a couple years after. I just started playing again this year, but had a few issues with the used bass I bought.

I actually have a question about a specific issue / repairs. If anyone can direct me to the best sub-forum for that, I'd appreciate it.

Oddly likes this.
  2. Oddly

Oddly Unofficial TalkBass Cartographer! Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Welcome.
    The Luthiers sub-forum might be a good place to find help. Those guys know everything about building and repairing ... or the Pickups and Electronics area if your problem is of that sort.
    Hope you find what you're looking for.

hatred aside likes this.
  3. Hey! Welcome to TB.

I know where you’re coming from as I played a in a couple of bands as a teen.
    Then life gets in the way.

Now that I have but two major “life” events left. I’m enjoying the bass again.
    I am the perpetual novice player and having fun.

There are a lot of really smart folks around here who should be able to help with whatever’s going on.

4. hatred aside

hatred aside

Nov 23, 2018
    Thanks for the response.

I actually took it to a local guitar shop this morning and the guy there was pretty helpful. Turns out the issue I was having wasn't nearly as serious as first assumed.