1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Just ordered a custom G&L!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by no4mk1, Apr 3, 2006.

1. no4mk1

no4mk1

Feb 21, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Wow... It's been awhile since I've hung out here...

I just went down to BassNW on Friday and laid my sheckles down on a custom L2500!

This is the bass I've been dreaming up for about 4 years.

Stats:
    Body: Flame maple top with sunburst finish and
    natural wood binding
    Neck: Blank ebony fretless neck with gun-oil tint and matching sunburst headstock
    I also ordered the G&G case.

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I was quoted 4 months. Agony. I'm sure I'll be hanging out here a bit more trying to salve my impatience. :p

Cheers,
    Chris

2. Joenok

Joenok

Jul 1, 2005
    Arctic Norway
    congratulations! It´s nothing that´s better to wait for, than a custom bass... Be sure to post pics when she´s arrived.

3. danman

danman

May 18, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA
    If the case you got was the plastic one....Beware.
    I ordered the hard plastic bass case for my 2500 from G&L.
    It is the worst case I have ever had. The feet broke off in months. I have only had 2 years and I think its time to replace it.

Does anyone know the quality of the more expensive case G&L sells???

Thanks,
    danman

4. Cool! Show us some pictures once you get the bass.

+1 about them G&L standard cases; they suck; they break very easily...

5. no4mk1

no4mk1

Feb 21, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    No... I ordered the nice tolex G&G case. I have one for my ASAT six-stringer, and it's a nice case.

I have two of the SKB cases, and yeah... They're not the best but not bad for free I suppose.

I've got a bad case of waititis. ;-)

Cheers,
    Chris

6. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Do you know if the back of the bass will bursted as well or will it come black. I heard if you request it you can have them burst the back of the bass as well.

7. no4mk1

no4mk1

Feb 21, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    I asked, and the answer I got was no.

As far as I know they won't burst a tilia body. I suppose if I wanted to order an alder or ash body they would have, but I decided to go with the standard tilia body, based on weight and cost considerations. My dealer didn't think they were taking orders for ash or alder bodies anyway, but he said if they were it would push back the delivery date even farther. So to me, it wasn't worth it.

I like both sides bursted though. My sunburst alder L2000 is bursted on both sides and it's a beauty!

Cheers,
    Chris