1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Just ordered the Golden Trinity upgrade package (Golden Bullet mic)

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Lia_G, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    I have been pondering adding a mic to my Underwood for a while now. I'm getting a great, loud, punchy tone with the Underwood, but have been wanting to add some of the acoustic qualities back in. After researching and listening to some of Fingers' sound clips (thanks!), I decided to go for the Golden Bullet mic, by ordering the Golden Trinity upgrade package from Bob Gollihur. I know it's not the be-all and end-all mic for the ages, but it seems like a pretty easy way to get started into this mic / pickup blend world. And I really liked the live sound clips from Marc's site (Fingers).

I'm looking forward to getting this and messing around with it. The next gig I have on upright is March 12 (slab gigs until then!), so maybe I'll be able to get used to dialing things in enough to try it on the gig by then. At least with the K&K 2 channel pre, I can just unplug the mic, or turn the volume down to 0 if it just doesn't work this first time out.

Hey, an aside: can I go out from the K&K and into my FDeck HPF/Pre, or will that be a strange impedance matchup? I'd still like to use the HPF on the FDeck pre if possible.

Cheers

2. bolo

bolo

May 29, 2005
    Apex, NC
    Me too.

3. Marc Piane

Marc Piane

Jun 14, 2004
    Chicago
    Thanks for the kind words guys. I really liked that mic. I did end up selling it but not because it wasn't good. I just needed to simplify my setup for the sake of my sanity.

As you know there are a bunch of things that go into your sound. I think the first of which is how you sound acoustically. I spend a bunch of time really working on getting the sound I hear in my head out of my bass. It is both in your left and right hands and in your body for that matter not to mention your bass and strings . Once you have that you can start making your amplified sound work for you.

All that said the Golden Bullet mic is an affordable and effective way to add a mic to your setup. Have fun.

4. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    +1000. I couldn't agree more.

Thanks for the help, Marc!

Cheers