1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Keyboard Amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by wrongway, Apr 3, 2009.

1. wrongway

wrongway

Aug 4, 2008
    connecticut
    I was wondering if it would be reasonable to plug my bass into a PODxt and amp it through a Roland KC30 or something along with a mic for vocals. I know it's not ideal but for small jam sessions it would be nice to bring:

1 guitar or bass
    1 mic / stand
    1 amp
    bag with cables, tuner...

I switch off between guitar and bass and not everyone I jam with has a PA setup. Of course if the vocals and the bass both sound like crap it would be a total waste. I figured it might be worth a try. It just seems flexible for certain small get togethers. I can see myself hooking up an MP3 with backing tracks etc. I can't help but wonder if I could get by with a live drummer if he wasn't too loud.

Thanks!

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    How big is the KC30? I've got a KC350, used for synth, but I could see using that as you described.

3. wrongway

wrongway

Aug 4, 2008
    connecticut
    I'm sorry, I was going by memory. I think I meant KC-350 (not KC-30). I'm surprised I managed to get two digits right! ;)

I wonder if it could handle bass and vox at the same time?

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Sure it could, but not at high volume. The amp has 4 channels, and a built in mixer. Just keep the volume at a sane level, and you'll be fine.

5. wrongway

wrongway

Aug 4, 2008
    connecticut
    Thanks RickenBoogie! Do you think there is any chance I could keep up with a live drummer in a classic rock type (basement jam) situation? I don't expect to gig with it I'm just looking for a flexible grab & go solution for jam sessions.

Thanks again for your help!

6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Depends how hard he hits the drums. It could go either way. But, if's he's too loud for your amp, just ask him to "lighten up". Should be fine, have fun.