Kinal MK-21 5-String

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JeremyStP, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Following is a picture of a bass Mike Kinal of Vancouver, BC is building for me. I was going to wait until she was finished but...

She has a Swamp Ash body, Figured Maple neck and fingerboard. Hipshot bridge and tuners, Bartolini Jazz pick-ups with three-band preamp and ebony THG knobs will complete the package.

I struggled with how to finish her (and drove Mike a little nuts in the process) finally deciding on Transparent Blue with a matching headstock. I always liked the a Fender Jazz Bass in Lake Placid Blue with matching headstock and believe the bass Mike is building for me is a 'modern' take on that instrument.

2. Kinal Blue is a a cool colour!
  3. Hey XavierG,

When I was 'anguishing' over the finish I found a few pictures of your bass. Was positive reinforcement I was making a good choice.

Mike is also building me a fretless bass just like yours as well. We are having a bit of time getting the pick-up for reasons you probably know. She is going to be Translucent Green with a lined Macassar Ebony fingerboard. I don't have any pictures of her yet.

Yo Momma is a nice, funky little tune. Bet it was a blast recording with your daughter.

4. Falk

Jan 18, 2004
    *Drools* :)
    Kinal basses are so gorgeous!
    How much do you pay mr.K for the job? I'd really like a Kinal bass myself (one day when I can afford it).
  5. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
  6. I received the following pictures from Mike over the weekend. I'm going to pick her up in Vancouver next weekend. The knobs from THG arrived last week. Not inexpensive but very nice.