1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

King Crimson/The Zappa Band

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by deernaes, Mar 10, 2020.

1. deernaes

deernaes Guest

Feb 1, 2012
    So, I wish that this tour was gonna hit more cities, especially one in Texas.
    But that's probably not gonna happen so New Orleans it is!
    I know that Tony Levin will be on bass for King Crimson so I'm pretty stoked about that.
    However, I can not find any info on The Zappa Band, so I'm curious.
    Is this made up of alum from FZ's bands, or is this just a group of folks who happen to play Zappa music? Or is it even related to FZ?
    If I could go to one show and see Tony Levin and Scott Thunes (or maybe even Patrick O'Hearn) that would be beyond awesome!
    So, any thoughts on The Zappa Band?

2. Bassndrums73

Bassndrums73

Mar 13, 2018
    Ohio
    May be his son Dweezel’s band. Not sure if I spelled his name right. He does some of Frank’s music in addition to his own. Fantastic guitar player.

3. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
  4. deernaes

deernaes Guest

Feb 1, 2012
  5. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

Thanks for the heads up; as I saw Crim twice last fall, and none of the dates on this run will be convenient for me, gotta sit this one out(I’ve seen the Dweez). Honestly, I thought that this would be a thread about Belew, but the tour pairing is a bit ironic, no?

6. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Several weeks ago Adrian Belew posted a rather bittersweet/sardonic announcement on his Facebook page about how he was not associated with either band, won't be appearing anywhere on this KC/Zappa Band tour, and would people please stop asking him about it.

JimK and Randy Ward like this.
  7. deernaes

deernaes Guest

Feb 1, 2012
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021