Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

knob not working

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by slobberbukket, Aug 15, 2005.

1. slobberbukket

slobberbukket

Aug 12, 2005
    One of the knobs on my bass isn't working. I guess it is the volume control?

I took the cover off the back to look at the wiring, and the wires that come directy off the input go to it (the one not working) and then to the other two knobs.

Is there any reason that it is not working, or is it working and I just don't know what it is doing. I can not hear any tone or sound change.

It is a cheap Ibanez, if that helps any.
    Thanks for any help
    Slobberbukket

2. patonbass

patonbass

Jul 24, 2005
    minnesota!
    can you post a pic? what model is the bass?

3. slobberbukket

slobberbukket

Aug 12, 2005
    Not sure what Model the bass is. I got it from someone who said it was in a starter pack.

I figured out through some research that the one that doesn't work is tone, and the other two are volume control for the pickups. So, I guess I just can't hear the diffence.

The bass has what look like P&J style pickups, do you think the ones for Fender style will fit?

I would just try to get another bass, but it probably wouldn't be any better as I don't have much to spend, and I like the look and feel of this bass.

I can post a pic if it will help.

Thanks
    Slobberbukket