1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Korg AX300B or Maxon/Ibanez PUE5B

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by clubdude, Sep 17, 2008.

1. clubdude

clubdude The Ten Man

Hey guys.

I can get an AX300B really cheap and/or a Maxon PUE5B (same as Ibanez in this model) at a fair price.
    Has anyone ever used or familiar with either of these multi-pedals? If so, please post the pros and cons.

I don't need extreme sounds or modeling, as I mentioned in another thread. Just the basics like, distortion, chorus, delay, octave, synth(wah), + tuner.

I like the muti-stompbox setup these pedals have, but I've never played through one, nor can I find any info on them (manuals, etc). I did a search on here first, and found almost nothing. It's down to mulit-stompbox models like this, or build another pedalboard, like my guitar one. I'd like to keep it simple, plus after buying a whole new bass rig, I'm not prepared to put $500+ into effects right now.

Thanks in advance.
    CD

2. clubdude

clubdude The Ten Man

FYI..

I found out that the PUE5B has no distortion or synth effects. Just Chorus, EQ, Compression, Delay, and Effects Loop. Pretty much a collection of late 80's/early 90's Ibanez analog pedals. It would have been cool with distortion, tuner, and synth.

So, I bought the Korg Toneworks AX300B for $45 including shipping, with original manual, and original gig case. All look like brand new, with the plastic it came in. I can use it for a paperweight for that price, if I don't like it.

I'll be happy to report or review after I put it through its' paces a week or two. A few pop up for sale now and then, and I found out some folks prefer it to its' successor, the AX3000B. Simpler.

CD :bassist: