Korg D3200

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by jeffroloc, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Has anyone ever used one of these?

If so, what do you think of it?

Is it worth the price?
  2. CetiAlphaVI

May 27, 2005
    I'll qualify this answer by saying when I felt the need to upgrade to a D3200, I went a different direction. I've been using Korg digital studios since the D12. I still have a D1600mkII that I only use at this point to record reharsals. I have moved on to an IBM based DAW. They are what they are . . . .a very nice mix of everything you need, but there is no upgrade/add-on path, unlike a PC based DAW. They have a very quick and easy learning curve (provided you have common sense), which is a big plus. If you are new to recording, a Korg studio in a box is a great place to start, and if I had not decided to migrate to PC, I would not hesitate to jump on the D3200. The price is right for the feature set, but for the price remember that it will not have premier preamps, pots, buttons, sliders, DIO converters, etc. (you can still get excellent recordings)

My D series recorders do not have the new Drum Programming. That new feature is a B-I-G +++, IMHO. The question however is . . . .Is a D3200 worth the price for you? . . . .Which is easier to answer if you tell us what its intended purpose will be, how many tracks you envision recording at once, etc.