Korg Pitchblack vs Snark SN10 pedal tuner

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by the low one, Nov 27, 2017.

1. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    Both are true bypass inexpensive pedal tuners, lightweight metal construction and both have been seen on pro pedalboards. Any preference? I presume they'll both get the job done?

2. dStar

dStar

Mar 1, 2012
    I had the Snark and really liked it. I only got rid of it because I got a Shure GLXD6 Wireless which has a built in tuner.

3. I have had my pitch black for years, tracks a low B pretty quickly and never had any issues... works for me *shrug*

4. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    I picked up a used Snark SN10s and it looks fine. It tunes quickly and accurately, and the bypass is good.

I have a quick question about the true bypass. I tested this first before I put a battery in and with no battery the signal passed through regardless of hitting the on/off button. With a battery the bypass sounds perfectly good when off. Tested a MXR true bypass pedal and with no battery the sound doesn't get through on every other click of the on/off button, so when the pedal tries to engage it cuts out. This is how I expected true bypass to work. Does the Snark just cut the link to the tuner if there is no power?

5. I just bought a Behringer TU300 it picks up all 5 strings and is clear. There is some loss of highs but I can fix it with eq.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 22, 2022