1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Kouss 2nd Movement typos?

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by chris1125, Jan 12, 2012.

1. chris1125

chris1125

May 14, 2007
    I have a not so up to date edition and I have a couple of possible typos? Its hard to tell so I'm not sure.
    -Is the first f in the second bar of the sixteenth run natural or sharp? Its written as sharp.
    -In the fifth bar of the sixteenth run is the first low f natural our sharp? Once again its not written with an accidental so I assume us sharp but on recording s it sounds natural to me.

Sorry in advance for the spelling...still getting used to this phone. Thanks for the help.

2. I'm looking at my copy of the David Walter edition (Liben Music Publishers) and the first f in the 2nd bar of the 16th note run is natural. In the fifth bar of the 16th note run, the first f is natural.

So...in the 2nd bar of the 16th note run (bar 34), the notes are C D E F E F F# G F# G A G

and the fifth bar of the 16th note run (bar 37), the notes are D C# D E F G G# A C# D E F

I hope this helps. By the way, think C major for the first two beats of bar 34, and think D minor for the first two beats of bar 37. Good luck to you! It's a great piece.

3. chris1125

chris1125

May 14, 2007
    Awesome, that is what I suspected. Thanks, I've been playing it for a while assuming those two fs were typos and supposed to be natural but with auditioning next month I wanted to be sure. Thanks again!

4. be sure to tell us how the audition went! Good luck to you.