1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Krank

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Geezer Brown, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Hello talkbass!

This is my first post on TB, still a bit nervous:bag:

I stumbled upon quite a unique bass amp recently. The Krank D800 Dirty Tube bass head. It's a lightweight, rack mountable hybrid-tube head with some very interesting settings such as "girth" "mid punch" and "fat growl." Now, I know this is a very new amp with little knowledge existing on it, but it seems like it would make for a pretty unique bass tone, seeing that its designed just for heavy music.
    Anyways, what are your thoughts on this monster? X mas is right around the corner and my money's saved for either this or an Ampeg SVT 2 PRO.

....begin.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    2 Pro rules all. Thank you.

:D

3. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    That Krank sounds cool. I've never heard of it. You can't lose with an SVT-2 though. It's up there with the other kings.

4. Korladis

Korladis Supporting Member

Between those I'd go for the 2pro. No contest.

5. I don't really intend for this to become a "Krank vs. Ampeg ultimate showdown" threads, I just want to know your thoughts on the head (and don't get started on the basszilla cabs)

6. Bump

7. musicman666

musicman666

Sep 11, 2011
    ca
    I played the 2 pro for years..It is an excellent amp.