Kustom cab 4x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Indiana Mike, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Nov 18, 2005
    Owner of a local store said he would make me a deal on the groove bass 4x10 cab for $399.00

Are these good cabs and is it a fair deal? Yes I can play it but in the long run how will it hold up and what kind of sound qaulity can be expected in different enviroments?

Any bad comments?
  2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Heavey and I've read numerous places that it's a bit low shy (no good for 5 string users). On the other hand, I've read numerous place that the Kustom 2x15 rocks. I'd steer clear of the 4x10...
  3. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    really all opinion, i planned on buying one (same price) to go with the Kustom 1200 hd that i should receive by the end of the week.

the mids are there, but using the graphic and sub woofer options adds a heel of a lot more lows.

going with a hartke 810xl instead. (aluminum cone)

p.s. try it out playing the stuff that it will be used for. (the 215 should have a lot more low end)
  4. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Nov 18, 2005
    Thank you for your opinion, I had a bad feeling about the kustom and played it again,this time against a genz benz neo 2x12, The kustom was not so good IMO. I bought the neo 2x12 instead . The neo sounds fantastic , is much lighter and has wheels on the rear side so you can "dolly" it around.
  5. chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    Just curious, what type of tone does the GB cab have?
  6. Metal Mitch

Metal Mitch

Jul 14, 2003
    I wouldn't buy anything from Kustom. Why? Because they're owned by HHI. :mad:
  7. hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004
    who is HHI?????:confused:
  8. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Nov 18, 2005
    Only having it one day I hate to say to much. I bought a Genz Benz GBE 400 head and the Kustom I felt was being pushed on me. I waited a week and went back and sat them side by side, set the head flat, the horns way down and the genz blew it away. It was more defined, had more punch than the Kustom. I would say it has a modern sound. Great tone across the whole spectrum ,Great low end but fantastic mids and highs also. I guess I could say well rounded.

With the head I have found, so far, that I can dial in about any thing I want but I will say again I would consider it a modern sounding cab.The kustom just seemed to be missing something,can't really put my finger on it but I did not like it at all.

I paid $250 more for the genz cab and have no regrets.