1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

L2000 pots.

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by felixxx, Sep 19, 2008.

1. I am a proud owner of Tribute L2000. It is 2003 Korean made bass in mint condition.

I know, no photo no bass and I will post some photos ASAP.

Only one issue and question related to it. Pots are making some crackling sound when tunred, and also in some position there is a noticable buzz. I expect I should replace the pots. Are L2K pots 250 or 500? Also in your opinion is buzzing related to pots or inadequate shielding? For example when volume pot is on maximum there is no buzz, but in other positions there is. Treble pots is exactly oposite, when on minmum no buzz, turned on a bit buzz starts.
    Cheers

2. mrjim123

mrjim123 Supporting Member

May 17, 2008
    Indy
    They may be corroded and just need to be cleaned. If you can get a product called Deoxit in Australia then you're all set. Otherwise do a search for cleaning electrical connection corrosion, potentiometer cleaning or something similar. You can probably find a thread on Talk Bass.

3. meathook

meathook

Nov 4, 2007
    St. Charles MO
    I've had 2 tribs. This happens to all of them. Have them replaced and you won't have to do anything else to the bass. I got mine from G&L for free.

4. millahh

millahh Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2005
    Hoboken

V&T are 250K, B is 1M.