1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Lakland 55-02 Neck joint

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by whamonkey, Mar 14, 2019.

1. 4A2B633F-E32C-4C7A-AEEA-B95698983966. Just bought this from a dealer online and didn’t notice in any of the photos. Just wondering if it’s a warranty issue. I’m gonna contact Lakland tomorrow and see what they have to say. Compared to the 55-94D I used to own, this one is obviously not gonna be as nice, but this is kind of surprising from Lakland.

Anyone else find issues like these on the Skylines?

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Is neck held securely? If so, the pocket gap is cosmetic, not a performance issue.

GregC likes this.
  3. It feels tight, there isn’t any play in it but I can slip a piece of paper all the way across inside so it seems the neck isn’t flush. 80194465-9CD2-4C14-BB5F-AFCFC5B93200. 1EF52C4F-0F3E-4019-8A64-CF8FAE3D27C2.

4. spufman

spufman

Feb 7, 2005
    Central CT
    Probably has a thickish shim in there. I'd look into getting a full-sized tapered shim to eliminate the gap. How high are the bridge saddles?

5. Is it a new one?
    I would never accept this. New or used. Just a matter of who I would contact to complain to.

6. Not sure. I guess I’m a little surprised that Lakland would let a cosmetic blemish like this go but I’m going to contact them and see what my options are. Not trying to be a perfectionist but i paid quite a bit for it so I’d like it to be better than this.

7. It’s new BTW. I bought it online so that’s one of the risks I suppose. I’m hoping Lakland makes it right.

8. So Lakland is going to replace it.....

Awesome customer service!

bassplayer1960 and Bob_Ross like this.