1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lakland 55-94 pickup fault..

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by slystewart, May 9, 2017.

1. slystewart

slystewart

Dec 16, 2007
    I have a Lakland 55-94 with a fault ..back pickup the MM works fine no problems but nothing on the jazz type pickup either in passive or active. Pan control works fine but panning to the jazz sound fades away to nothing.
    Opened up the panel at the back all wiring seems ok no lose wires the pickups have Lakland USA on them if any help with age any ideas , I live in the UK so not sure were to start with this ...any help thanks Stewart

2. FunkBear

FunkBear

Jan 2, 2009
    You can find out what connections are bad by using a multimeter. After pinpointing the bad connection check the soldering joints. If those look fine then there may be contact between the wires directly under the pickup (seen this before); if this is the case separate the wires and wrap exposed wire with electrical tape before reinstalling the pickup. If this fails then the pickup may have an internal problem, in which case I would replace the pickup.

Pictures of the control cavity would certainly help.

3. slystewart

slystewart

Dec 16, 2007
    ok have removed non working pickup looks like two wires connected one looking like an earth soldered joints ..have tested between the two multimeter is beeping away and tested from the pick up earth to earth on the guitar looks good
    not sure what to do from here

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 18, 2021