1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Landscape Swing Bass Standard?

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by Bogey, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Bogey

Bogey

Sep 25, 2006
    Hello,

Does anybody know the Landscape Swing Bass Standard? It's japanese made I believe, and I have a review of the more expensive model the Artist, but I'm interested if anybody has experience with the STD. Thank you!
    SwingBass_STD1-12.

If you scroll down on the page via this link, it is the bas on the low-left side:
    http://www.guitar-import.com/Luthiers/Landscape/Landscape_cadre.htm

2. BigBeatNut

BigBeatNut

Apr 10, 2006
    London, UK
    Whereabouts do you live ?

Reason I ask, is that I saw one of these in a shop on Saturday, in London (Denmark Street).

I didn't ask to play it, since I'm quite happy with the EUB I have, so can't give you an opinion I'm afraid.

Andy

3. Bogey

Bogey

Sep 25, 2006
    I live in Holland, there are some for sale here, but not nearby. I really wanted a NS wav4 but they have problems with delivering to Holland. So tis is in the same pricerange, maybe a good alternative:meh:

4. Rvl

Rvl

Dec 23, 2003
    Aomori Japan
    It's Korean made and if you want one there are some used ones available in Japan
    I can buy one for you and ship it to Holland
    Probably $1600 shipped to you

Thanks

Robert VanLane

5. gjbas

gjbas

Oct 16, 2010
    Netherlands
    (copy of post in other thread)

I've got one. I bought it a couple of years ago because it played lighter than my acoustic double bass (and I was still recovering from RSI).

Sounds great, not like a "bass guitar on a stick" at all, unlike the NS Design EUB I also tried at that time.

Loads of sustain and what we Dutchmen call "knor" (think Pastorius on a fretless).

I still use it for heavily amplified gigs, small stages and jam sessions, because it's easy to amplify, fits in any corner and easy to transport.

For jazz and acoustic pop, I've switched back to acoustic again, but NOT because I don't like the sound of the EUB. It's more that the audience and bandmembers like to see a "real" bass. And I must admit, the bulkyness of an acoustic bass is nice; like embracing a lady...

Note: Because the EUB has no body to rest your arm on, it's harder to play in tune on higher (octave+) notes.

6. lucas vigor

lucas vigor Banned

Sep 2, 2004
    Orange County, Ca,
    I wonder if "Knor" is the dutch word for "Mwah"!!

7. gjbas

gjbas

Oct 16, 2010
    Netherlands
    If little piggies go "Mwah", it is (but somehow, I don't think so...)