Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

LDS Low Down Sound 5"x8" Cabinet

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by ster, Aug 13, 2005.

1. ster

ster

Oct 18, 2003
    New Jersey
    LDS Low Down Sound 5"x8" Cabinet. 8 ohm. 4 long throw 8" speakers and 1 coaxial 8" speaker handling the mids and highs.
    For sale only. My life as a gigging musician has come to an end. This baby is ony a couple of months old and has never been gigged. $380 OBOplus shipping. It is loud and low. These 8" speakers are amazing. Excellent as a stand alone cab. 77lbs but easy to transport due to its compact size and casters.
    Check my Feedback and 100% positive Ebay feedback (ster2112)

Attached Files:

2. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    This is 750 watts at 8 ohms?

3. ster

ster

Oct 18, 2003
    New Jersey
    750watts RMS power handling. The total impedance of this cabinet is 8 ohms.

4. ster

ster

Oct 18, 2003
    New Jersey
    bump

5. Man, I'd love this... You considering trades? I don't really have much to trade, and I'm sure I don't have the money, but you never know.

Oh, are the casters removeable? I like to have things in one stack.

6. ster

ster

Oct 18, 2003
    New Jersey
    Sorry no trades at this time. The casters are removable.

7. farboozle

farboozle

Apr 18, 2000
    Fairfax VA
    Dimensions?

8. ster

ster

Oct 18, 2003
    New Jersey
    23.5"wide 21" tall and 16" deep

9. ster

ster

Oct 18, 2003
    New Jersey
    C'mon, somebody's gotta want one of these! Extremely low price for a high quality cab!

10. ster

ster

Oct 18, 2003
    New Jersey
    bump

11. *checks bank account*

Hmmm......I may be interested. I was looking into getting LDS to make me a 4x10 but maybe a 5x8 would be just as good? I've never played through anything with 8" speakers though. How do they comapare to 10s in tonality?

I'll check back in a few days if it hasn't sold by then :)

12. ster

ster

Oct 18, 2003
    New Jersey
    I really can't compare these to other 8's. But these go lower than your average 10s. Very tight lows IMO. What's great is its a 3 way cab with the center driver handling the mids and upper mids. There is a coax tweeter behind the center driver as well that sounds really nice. I have owned Eden's and Acme's and this cabinet reminds me a little of being between those 2 in tonality. This cab is nowhere near as power hungry as an Acme but it likes power.I hope this helps.

13. Bass Tranquil

Bass Tranquil

Nov 16, 2003
    I'm interested, I've been looing for a used LDS 8 config for a while now. This one is almost too good to be true.. but the shipping costs!

14. ster

ster

Oct 18, 2003
    New Jersey
    I will be away on vacation and will be back on Sunday Sept.4. Please leave PM's and don't be afraid to make an offer! I am really looking to move this now because I am getting very tempted to keep it!

15. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Bump for a fine cab. I just got one a few days ago:

Two jobs yesterday, both small/med venues. One electric, on DB. TFB420 power, Rev BH5 for the first one. Nice tight lows, handles the B easy. Fast and punchy. As much as I was surprised by the swr henry 8x8's ability to go low and hit hard, I was more surprised by this much smaller cab.

Second job with DB-man, this cab is awesome for DB. Rich lows, nice fast response, clear and very accurate...I did turn the mid/hi attenuator down from full to about 60% as finger/string noise was a little more prominent than I thought would be possible out of an 8" mid driver with no horn/tweet...
    I really dig this cab for DB.

I find the lows on my 5x8 to actually be better than the swr 410 I used to have. Neat cabs. If you've ever heard an swr henry 8x8, you won't be surprised at the lows a well tuned 8 cab can do;)

Someone needs this cab!

16. ster

ster

Oct 18, 2003
    New Jersey
    This cab has been sold! I am sad to see it go. Thanks Chef for the nice post!